At South Bay Counseling LCSW PC, we provide multiple counseling and therapy services on Long Island for patients seeking help with issues in their lives. We use a variety of therapeutic techniques and counseling methods in order to find out the underlying causes of your problems and work constructively to help you work through these issues. Further than that, we equip you with methods to deal with your problems in day-to-day life so you feel more in control and confident about your well being.
Our treatment specializations are listed below, but we invite you to schedule an appointment online or call us at (631) 264-0058 in Amityville or (631) 264-0058 in Huntington so we can speak to you about your particular issue and schedule an appointment so we can help you work through your difficulties in life.
- Therapy for Depression – depression is much more than just feeling down or sad. It is a condition which can affect your body physically as well as multiple parts of your life and prevent you from achieving your true potential. Seeking help is the healthiest way to deal with depression and we look forward to helping with effective methods to give you back the motivation and drive in your life no matter what circumstances played into why you are experiencing depression in the first place.
- Anxiety Therapy – anxiety or the overwhelming feeling tense or having worried thoughts is natural, however chronically feeling this usually points to an anxiety disorder of some degree. We are here to help sort out the underlying causes of your feelings of anxiety as well as provide you with ways to work through times when anxiety is present. We want to help you feel better throughout your life, so contact us today to schedule a meeting to let us help you with your anxiety issue.
- Couples Counseling – sometimes life gets in the way of you and your partner enjoying each other’s company. Sometimes there are underlying conflicts that cause these troubled times. No matter the case, we have had success in assisting couples find those things which are threatening their relationship and help in the process of making amends and reestablishing the feelings that caused you and your significant other to be together in the first place. If you and your partner are currently experiencing troubles in your relationship, let us intervene and help recompense what has caused the issues.
- Adjustment Therapy – change is a natural part of life, sometimes it is harder to adjust to this change than merely accepting it. Especially when these changes are large in the scope of how it affects your day-to-day life, these changes can almost seem insurmountable. However, there is always a way to get on the right track with the changes in your life, and we are here to help you adjust. We use proven techniques to make sure you start to feel comfortable in your new situation and equip you with practices to make sure you feel confident going through further changes.
- Grief Counseling – grief can manifest itself at the time of any loss. Whether it is the death of a loved one, the result of a divorce or separation or even being fired from a job, grief can further affect you throughout your life in feeling powerless. We want to help you deal with your grief in a constructive manner that helps you feel your loss in a healthy way but also works toward moving forward despite your loss. Often talking through your loss and expressing what it has you feeling is the first step in overcoming your grief, and we want to be there to help you get through whatever difficult time you are experiencing.
- Family Counseling – for many, family always comes first, but oftentimes conflicts and difficulties arise within families that make it tough to care for the ones that are supposed to be closest to you. At South Bay Counseling LCSW, we are here to help sort out those disagreements and disputes which are causing your family to be disjointed. We offer individual and group sessions so that members of your family can work out their difficulties in a way that is most comfortable for them.
- Child and Adolescent Therapy – childhood and adolescence can be a trying time with the constant changes your son or daughter experiences; including physically, mentally and emotionally. Child and adolescent therapy is a constructive way to help your child deal with these changes and issues in a way that leads them to feeling confident and prepared to face challenges throughout their life. It is also a time to establish these healthy habits to make sure they carry on as they grow and take on additional responsibilities. We are happy to help your child uncover their true potential through the help of our counseling and therapy services.
- SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) Evaluations – we are qualified to provide substance abuse professional (SAP) evaluations for those in safety-sensitive positions. We provide unbiased, accurate assessments to assure that employees are fit to return to work and contribute to the workforce in a healthy, safe manner.
We work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to parenting support, couples counseling and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, we offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.